Tuesday, May 21, 2013

Day Zero

Hello!

With being a recent college graduate (as of three days ago), I'm back in North Carolina and already raring (kinda) to go. I've been out to the barn, on adventures around Greensboro, and so forth. With my brief two days in Greensboro over, I begin my adventure at the Conservators' Center.

About a year ago, I was scrolling through my old Facebook posts and came across a status I had made two years ago about getting the zoo internship at Seneca Park Zoo. A friend of mine, Liz, posted to congratulate me and to recommend that I try getting an internship at the CCI as well.



I completely forgot about Liz's suggestion until last summer. After a great quarter interning at the SPZ, I was hungry to work with more Anastasias, Katyas, Annas, and wolves.

The Conservators' Center presented the perfect opportunity. On a whim, I applied. I went through the interview process.

And I got it.

And I begin tomorrow.

This is my first "real-world" internship outside of RIT. This will be my first internship where I am going almost solely without an interpreter (with the exception of tomorrow).

I will attempt to post about my experiences each day.

As of tonight, I'm going to lie on my stomach in my temporary room, cuddle with a pit bull, and try to get used to the idea of not being in school anymore.

1 comment:

  1. I'm so proud of you Gina!! I'm sure you'll fall in love with CCI as much as I did :) Madison and I where the first interns CCI ever had and I hear the program has grown exponentially! I'm excited to follow your time there! ~Liz

    ReplyDelete